These gooey breadsticks are so scrumptious, you won't miss the carbs. Zucchini is changed into bread and heated with cheddar for a low-carb and keto-accommodating option in contrast to conventional breadsticks.
It has a slender, chewy, pizza-like outside layer, finished with bubbly, softened cheddar. It's excessively delightful and you get some additional vegetables into your body too.
Also try our recipe 3 INGREDIENT CHEESY CAULIFLOWER BREADSTICKS
Zucchini crust "bread" is topped with cheese for a low-carb alternative to traditional breadsticks.
- 2 cups packed shredded raw zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded part skim low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp almond flour (you can use all purpose if you are not doing a strict low carb or keto diet)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add zucchini to a large bowl and let sit 10-15 minutes. Drain excess water from zucchini bowl. Using a tea towel or several sturdy paper towels, add in 1/2 cup of zucchini into a towel and wring dry. Repeat with remaining zucchini. When you are finished, you should have about 1 cup of zucchini remaining.
- Add zucchini, egg, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, seasoning, and flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Dump zucchini mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread out the batter so that it forms a rectangle, approximately 9 inches by 7 inches and just slightly under 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in oven about 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and both sides are cooked. Remove from oven and carefully flip crust over. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese across the surface.
- Lower oven temperature to 425°F. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and starts to blister. If desired, sprinkle fresh chopped parsley across. Slice and serve.
Read more our recipe Greek Pasta Salad
Source : https://bit.ly/2VGgUox