With regards to cake this Black Forest Cake formula is the one you have to keep close by! Loaded with flavor, it is a wonderful great cake that everybody will venerate!
I'm an immense enthusiast of dark woodland. There is something about the kind of chocolate and fruits that just reels me in and keeps me returning for additional!
Also try our recipe Strawberry Chocolate Cake
Moist chocolate cake is filled with a fluffy white frosting and cherries and covered and topped with more frosting, chocolate and even more cherries making this Black Forest Cake one addicting treat.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup coffee cooled
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Homemade cherry pie filling or 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 semi-sweet baking chocolate bar shaved
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 block cream cheese room temp
- 2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 9" round cake pans with parchment paper and spray the edges with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together in large bowl with hand mixer (or stand mixer) sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Add in eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth. Don't worry if the batter is runny, it is supposed to be.
- Pour batter evenly into pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until center springs back when touched and toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5-10 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks to cool completely.
- If you are making homemade cherry pie filling now is the time to do it, otherwise skip to next step.
- To make your frosting beat your whipping cream on high until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- In another bowl beat your cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until combined and fluffy. Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream mixture until combined, set aside.
- To assemble cake, layer one of your cake layers to turntable or cake stand.
- Top with about 3/4-1 cup of your frosting and 3/4-1 cup of your cherry pie filing, place other layer on top.
- Spread about 3/4 of the rest of the mixture over tops and sides of cake until covered.
- Press your shaved chocolate onto sides of cake.
- Place remaining frosting into piping bag fitted with your favorite decorating tip and pipe around top and sides of cake.
- Spread the remaining cherry pie topping on top of the cake.
- Cut and serve, refrigerate any remaining cake.
Read more our recipe Coquito: Puerto Rican Coconut Nog
Source : https://bit.ly/2C4NwB0