Base Cookie Dough
- 2 and 1/2 cups (310g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (230g; 2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature* (see note)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- optional: 1 Tablespoon water and coarse sugar for sprinkling on top*
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons (12g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon (20g) strawberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract*
- pink or red food coloring*
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon strawberry extract for extra flavor*
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons (8g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder (or dutch process)
- 1 ounce (28g) semi-sweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- Make the dough: Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Dough will be thick and sticky. Remove from the mixing bowl. No need to rinse out the mixing bowl.
- GET FULL RECIPE>>https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/neapolitan-cookies/