- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened, plus additional for buttering pan
- 3 cups sifted cake flour (not self-rising; sift before measuring) plus additional for dusting
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 7 large eggs, at room temperature 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Special Equipment
- a 10-inch tube pan (4 1/2 inches deep; not with a removable bottom) or a 10-inch bundt pan (3 1/4 inches deep; 3-qt capacity)
- Put oven rack in middle position, but do not preheat oven.
- Generously butter pan and dust with flour, knocking out excess flour.
- Sift together sifted flour (3 cups) and salt into a bowl. Repeat sifting into another bowl (flour will have been sifted 3 times total).
- GET FULL RECIPE>>http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/elvis-presleys-favorite-pound-cake-232642