- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 fresh mild Italian sausage, (about 6 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, , divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, , divided
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 56 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 32 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium low heat and sauté onion and garlic until onions are translucent about 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium and add beef and sausage to the pan, break up meat into small pieces and cook until no traces of pink remain about 5 minutes. Pour off any excess fat drippings from the pan. Season meat with 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add tomato paste and stir until combined. Add crushed tomatoes and oregano, simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
GET FULL RECIPE>>https://www.jessicagavin.com/lasagna-with-meat-sauce/